Wednesday 1 March 2017

Are Zeros significant?


The story in the weekend edition of Metroplus of a corporate executive throwing his job for a career in making and dispensing curries and his salary going from Rs. 80,000 to Rs. 8,000 made me think during my run today. He goes on to say that he finds more time to read books and the joy of feeding people for a job is satisfying. That the descendants of the people who invented the Zero and its significance one day realizing the probable insignificance of the same to the quality of life is surely ironical to say the least.
I am usually fascinated by a mad man who is normally found performing a dervish like dance i.e., whirling ( made famous by Hrithik’s Khwaja Mere Khwaja number!) to the accompaniment of loud peals of laughter on the iconic Kamrajar Salai not far from the power center of the TN government. Today he was challenging me to match his state of undress. He matched my toplessness of attire by going bottomless, but, the long shirt kept him from testing the bounds of decency. I was surprised to find him on Egmore suburban station where I get down for work. He was performing his trademark whirl perilously close to the suburban train. Now fully dressed, I could not relate to his madness. He seemed to be mocking me and asking me if I could match the passion in my morning run with my daily grind in the office!

Time to close shop, but, could not keep these thoughts continuing to crowd me in my  tomorrow’s run!

No comments:

Post a Comment