Sunday 8 October 2017

Attempting a Mini-Sameerathon- a milestone today!



Today when I passed by the Lord Venkateswara temple on the Beach road in my first loop at around 4:30 AM, I said a silent prayer. For one having decided to not keep a count of mileage, it was a milestone requiring acknowledgement. It was 8KM into my run today, the 32nd day running totaling to a 1000KM uninterrupted. I know after what Sameer Singh, the faith runner, has done, all runners gloating about 10*21KM etc., has stopped. He did the unthinkable of 100*100KM. After, reading about it, I made a pact with myself. I would replace his 100K per day with a more manageable 32K and instead of aiming for 100 days, I planned to go on as long as possible unbroken. I compare it to Snooker where each visit/break is counted by the number of points scored. My last attempt ended tantalizingly close to 1000K on the 29th day. The idea is to continue uninterrupted the daily diet of 32K and silently prepare for the 100K attempt after retirement, Insha-Allah, Knees willing!

No comments:

Post a Comment